Our chapter is open to all students, regardless of major or class standing.
The Nonprofit Leadership Alliance (NLA) exists to strengthen the leadership of the social sector and sustain the ability of nonprofit to fulfill their missions with a talented and prepared workforce. The NLA chapter at GSU is a student organization that prepares undergraduate and graduate students to become competent, well-rounded nonprofit professionals upon graduation through various activities, workshops and events.
The GSU chapter of NLA began in Spring of 2009. Over the last decade, our chapter has won numerous awards, including the 2020 Outstanding Student Association Community Engagement Award, the 2019 Outstanding Student Association Fundraising Award, and the Campus Program Excellence Award in 2015. Individual students have also earned the 2019 Emerging Leader Award and the 2017 Student Leader of the Year Award.
As a member of our chapter, students are eligible to earn the Alliance’s national credential: the Certified Nonprofit Professional (CNP).
More information can be found here.
How to Join:
- Complete the membership application form and pay the membership dues.
- Attend the monthly meetings and other events offered each semester.
Requirements of Membership:
- During the Fall and Spring semesters attend at least one general body meeting per month.
- Attend at least 1 fundraising, 1 community service, and 1 networking event each semester.
- Pay new member annual dues (Aug-May).
- If seeking the CNP credential, keeping an updated CNP Central page.
Benefits of Membership:
- Certification in entry-level nonprofit employment competencies
- One-to-one support, career development and mentoring
- Networking with prospective employers at local, regional, and national levels
- Opportunity to test skills and various roles through internships, co-curricular and community service activities
- Potential for references and referrals from agency executive directors, advisory board members and community leaders
- Exposure to national nonprofit network of partners and career options
- Increased sense of connection an belonging to the community
- Ability to earn the Certified Nonprofit Professional (CNP) credential
- Opportunity for lasting friendships
Miss a Meeting?
Do you miss a meeting this semester? Or are you curious about NLA and what we do? Due to the current virtual environment, we are happy to share recordings of our meetings with you. A special thank you to all the speakers who have shared their knowledge & time with us!